Tips for a Better Night’s Sleep
The sleep set is literally the foundation of your sleep. But beyond your investment in the mattress, it’s important to make an overall commitment to sleep. Here are some tips for maintaining a healthy sleep cycle and ensuring the best night’s rest:
1. Maintain a regular bed and wake time schedule, including weekends.
2. Establish a relaxing bedtime routine, such as soaking in a hot bath or hot tub and then reading a book or listening to soothing music.
3. Create a sleep-conducive environment that is dark, quiet, comfortable and cool.
4. Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillow.
5. Use your bedroom only for sleep and sex. It is best to take work materials, computers and televisions out of the sleeping
6. Finish eating at least two to three hours before your regular bedtime.
7. Exercise regularly. It is ideal to complete your workout at least a few hours before bedtime.
8. Avoid alcohol, nicotine (e.g., cigarettes, tobacco products), and caffeine (e.g., coffee, tea, soft drinks, chocolate) close to
bedtime. These can lead to poor sleep, keep you awake or disrupt sleep later in the night.